Recent Cleaning Posts
Springfield/Mt Vernon - Carpet Cleaning
SERVPRO of Springfield/Mt Vernon specialize in carpet cleaning, upholstery cleaning, drapery cleaning, rug cleaning, and furniture cleaning. We do carpet cleaning for residential and commercial customers. We have licensed technicians who are trained by the IICRC in the proper methods to clean different types of carpets and fabrics. We pretest fragile fabrics and make sure that we take the best care of your home or office that we can. We clean carpets for general cleaning, after water damage, after fire damage, to remove odors, to remove stains, and to clean up after pets. We pride ourselves in a job well done. We do stair cleaning as well. We have the right equipment and the right products to keep your carpets and fabrics safe. Our estimates our free and we do our pricing based off of square footage. Give us a call today 703-644-0620 !
It's Time For Spring Cleaning
Nothing beats that feeling of accomplishment when you get a head start on spring cleaning. Spring Cleaning can be overwhelming to try and get everything done. Let SERVPRO of Springfield/Mt Vernon help lighten the load! Not only is spring cleaning a great way to reset, but the yearly chore also gets rid of any accumulated dust and dander before allergy season reaches full swing. Cleaning your home from top to bottom may never become effortless however, you can make the project more manageable by planning ahead. SERVPRO of Springfield/Mt Vernon provides general/deep cleanings, carpet cleaning, odor removal, air quality testing, and mold remediation that can help get your house sparkly clean. Take a minute and smell the fresh air on a lovely spring day and let SERVPRO of Springfield/Mt Vernon do your household spring cleaning.
We know what it’s like to lose your belongings to a fire. That’s why we offer content cleaning to help you recover from the effects of fire damage. If your clothes have been damaged in a fire, our professional team will spot and clean them for you. We can also advise you on what process is best for any specific piece of clothing or item.
Content cleaning is a service that can be done by professionals if your clothing has been damaged in a fire.
Although it may seem like a daunting task, each piece of content will be pre-spotted, pre-tested and thoroughly cleaned. Contents with smoke residue may need an additional ultrasonic cleaning process.
If you're feeling overwhelmed about how to proceed with cleaning your clothing after this unfortunate event, we've got you covered! We can help you get back on track and make sure that your items are restored to their former glory so that they look as good as new!
Each piece of content will be pre-spotted, pre-tested and thoroughly cleaned.
The first step in the cleaning process is pre-spotting, which involves a thorough inspection of each item to determine what damage it has sustained and whether it can be cleaned. If an item cannot be cleaned, we will discard it. Next, we thoroughly clean all items (including furniture) using our proprietary process that removes smoke residue while also preventing any new soiling from occurring.
Contents with smoke residue may need an additional ultrasonic cleaning process.
The contents of your items can be affected by smoke residue. Smoke can make an item smell like burnt or wet wood, or it may leave behind a yellow discoloration that won't wash out. Smoke residue can also cause the ink on labels to fade, which will make them illegible.
Smoke residue may need to be removed before you clean the item using other methods such as steaming and dry cleaning (using chemicals). Ultrasonic cleaning is one effective way of removing dirt and grime from objects but not all materials are suitable for this type of cleaning process so check with your dry cleaner first!
We'll help you get your belongings back in good shape after fire damage.
We're here to help with our expert post-fire cleaning services. Whether you need help getting rid of the smell or repairing some of the physical damage left behind by fire, we'll fix everything up, so it looks like nothing ever happened. We'll even make sure all those pesky stains disappear from your carpeting so no one will ever suspect anything was amiss.
Our experience with these situations makes us uniquely qualified to handle any situation involving smoke or water damage. So, whether you've been through a kitchen fire recently or have just gotten back from vacation (and found out about another family member's house burning down), let us do what we do best: restore order after chaos has taken over!
We are proud to say that we offer some of the best prices in town for a wide range of services. We’re confident that our 100% customer satisfaction guarantee will give you peace of mind when dealing with your fire-damaged items, and we can help you get back on your feet quickly after an emergency like this!
Get your ducts in a row…
When was the last time you had your air ducts or HVAC system checked or cleaned? SERVPRO of Springfield/Mt Vernon is the right company for you. We will inspect your HVAC system & ductwork to make any recommendations about the best way to address any indoor air quality concerns.
Ventilation systems can often be the biggest culprit in poor indoor air quality because many people allow HVAC systems to operate for sometime without much attention or upkeep. Keeping your HVAC system and duct work clean can extend the life of your equipment, which could save you money and provide better air quality. Studies have shown that we spend 60-90% of our lives indoors, so all of that dirt and debris is circulating in the air you breathe.
Cleaning your air ducts help eliminate these items from the air you breathe:
- Dirt, dust & debris.
- Mold or mildew
- Pet hair & dander
Call us today!
Cleaning tips for Outside your home
With Spring approaching, it’s time to check your home and see if the wintery cold caused any damage to your home or building. Signs of winter damage start to show themselves once the weather warms up and the surrounding environment starts to thaw. This article will help you get out of winter hibernation and back into barbeque season! Here is a quick maintenance checklist focusing on the exterior of your building.
1. Start at the Top (Inspect the Roof)
A healthy roof is one of the most important parts of your home. Ensuring it is sturdy and sealed is central to keeping your entire home efficient. Damage to your shingles, flashing, or any leaks can quickly trickle down and affect other areas of your home. When looking at your shingles look for curled edges, tears, or loose stones in your gutters, these are all signs of damage and could be a signal for replacement.
2. Check the Structure (Inspect the Foundation, Walls, Windows, and Doors)
Do a walk around of your home and check for cracks/holes in the foundation. as well as inspecting the exterior walls, siding, windows, and door. If you identify a foundation issue, contact a specialist to take a look. When inspecting the windows and doors, pay special attention to the caulking and weather stripping, issues in the seal are often harder to find than obvious holes or tears.
3. Independent Structures (Garages, Sheds, Fences, etc)
Make sure the garage door is functioning properly and has a strong seal at the bottom. Sweep and vacuum dust, dirt, and debris around the doors. Also, make sure there is nothing that could fall off the ceiling and impede the doors from working properly. Look for signs of cracked or split fencing boards, especially near any gates, and ice can raise fence boards and make gates stick.
4. Spring Yard Cleanup
It is almost grass-cutting season! Before you get ready to use that lawnmower, make sure to change the oil, and get the blade sharpened. Now, head to your local hardware store to restock on supplies such as landscaping bags and grass seed. Don’t forget to pick up the tools you need to thatch, weed, and clean out your garden beds. Now that you are ready, fire up the BBQ, pull out the cooler and invite the family and friends.
Extending the life of your carpet
Whether you have been living in an apartment complex for 6 months or a two-story house for 10 years, everyone needs to be mindful of when they last had their carpet professionally cleaned. We realize that there are things around the house that are tossed aside and forgotten about, however maintaining clean carpets should not be one of them. Here at SERVPRO® of Springfield/Mt Vernon we understand life happens, like when your child spills a drink all over the carpet or the dog mistakes the carpet, for the grass outside. We get it, but we only want what's best for you and your health.
Why Does My Carpet Need to be Professionally Cleaned?
Many people have been exactly where you are now, thinking "I wipe up all spills and vacuum often, I am good to go." That simply is just not the case. And frankly this alone isn't good enough. It may not be evident to the naked eye, but carpets can house all sorts of dirt, bacteria, and allergens that can be harmful to your health. Carpets that are not well maintained can hold dust mites, molds, pet hair, dead skin cells, insect feces, and other particles deep-seated in their fibers. Below are three possible problems that can be the result of carpets that are not well-maintained.
Danger #1: Weak Immune System
- Everyday our bodies fight to keep us healthy and strong. However, living in an unclean environment, leads to being exposed to harmful bacteria, which can cause you to be more susceptible to diseases.
- Getting out carpets professionally cleaned helps to remove dust mites, bacteria and other allergens, which ultimately helps your family breathe easier and reduces the risk of colds and other health problems. As strange as it may sound, dirty carpet can negatively impact the airflow in your home.
Danger #2: Reduces the Life Span of the Carpet
- Not professionally cleaning your carpet allows for dirt to stay embedded inside the fibers of the carpet. Which ultimately will lead to the fibers breaking and wearing down.
- Regular vacuuming will keep your carpet looking good and prevent debris and dirt from embedding into the fibers.
- Keeping your vacuum in good shape will help keep your carpet in good shape. A vacuum that is half full will be much less effective than an empty one. Be sure to keep it cleaned out and keep up on the maintenance with it as well.
Danger #3: Odor in Carpet
- Professional cleaning companies can use top notch chemicals, to get out odors that regular vacuums or cleaners just simply cannot get out. A couple of these odors are dog urine and cigarette smoke. These odors almost always take a professional crew to come in and get rid of.
Do Not Worry! SERVPRO Can Help!
If you are unsatisfied with your carpet SERVPRO® of Springfield/Mt. Vernon is here to help. We are open 24/7 and work to respond quickly to calls. We care about your health and safety.
Top 10 Questions To Ask When Choosing a Carpet Cleaning Company
There are a lot of carpet cleaning companies out there. How do you choose? Here are ten questions to ask to ensure you only use the best!
1. Are your cleaning technicians certified by the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration (IICRC)? The IICRC is an independent body that certifies people in carpet cleaning. For a technician to be IICRC certified, he or she must go through extensive hands-on training and have passed a comprehensive test. If a carpet cleaning service doesn’t require their technicians to be IICRC certified, consider looking elsewhere.
2. How long have you been in business? How long a company has been in business can speak volumes about their quality. There are many carpet cleaning companies that open and close their doors each year. The best ones tend to stand the test of time!
3. Do you offer “Green” Cleaning? If you have young children in the home or have any household members with sensitive skin or allergies then this could be an important option for you.
4. How is your pricing structured? Many carpet cleaning companies utilize a “bait and switch” technique. They will quote a very low price up front, but then once they secure the job they will add on extras for things like “trip charge”, “gas surcharge”, “stain removal”, “furniture blocking”, etc. When all is said and done, the initial price can triple or quadruple!
5. Do you charge extra for stain removal? This is important to know upfront so you don’t get surprised by extras after the service is performed. A good carpet cleaner will include the price for stain removal in their base price.
6. Do you use a truck mounted cleaning system? A truck mounted cleaning system is critical to effectively clean your carpets. It allows for better extraction of dirt and grime and the proper application of any cleaning agents.
7. Is your company insured against accidental damage? This is important to ensure you are protected in case anything gets damaged during the cleaning.
8. Do you move Furniture? Some carpet cleaning companies will charge high fees for moving furniture. Typically, this should be included in the original price unless a room is literally filled wall to wall with furniture!
9. What do you charge extra for? Again, avoid surprises and make sure the quoted price reflects what is actually charged.
10. Do you charge by room or by square foot? Some carpet cleaning companies will charge by room but in reality, square footage is a much more accurate method to determine pricing. If you think about it, it shouldn’t cost more to clean three small bedrooms versus one large family room if the square footage is comparable!
At SERVPRO of Springfield/Mt. Vernon, each of our technicians are certified in cleaning by the IICRC. We have been in business for over 9 years and are proud of our upfront pricing model that includes ALL stain removal.
Please give us a call with any questions at 703-644-0620. We are happy to help even if you don’t end up using our services!
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned – a defensive cleaning program
Table tent signs describing the Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned program on top of a wooden table.
Let us help you get back to business
As our communities re-open, we’re all moving back toward a new kind of normal. The expectations of visitors, customers, and employees who come into our establishments have evolved, and staying safe and well is a top concern. The global COVID-19 pandemic has changed what it means to be clean, and we’ve developed a program to help your business meet the new higher standard of clean that is now expected.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is a defensive cleaning program we’re offering to businesses and commercial locations to address the current COVID-19 pandemic. This proactive viral pathogen cleaning program goes well beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning. By choosing Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you, your employees, your customers, and your community can rest assured that you’ve selected a higher cleaning standard – you are Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
Extensive training and specialized products
As the #1 choice in cleanup and restoration*, we stand on more than 50 years of experience and expertise to help your business become Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned. Beyond fire & water, SERVPRO professionals are trained and experienced in biohazard decontamination and chemical spills – always adhering to the cleaning and decontamination standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local authorities.
From formulating and creating our proprietary cleaning products, like SERVPROXIDE, at our headquarters in Gallatin, TN, to taking the utmost care while disinfecting, we will ensure you and your business are set up to inspire consumer confidence as the economy continues to reopen.
3 C’s – Consult, Clean, and Certify
When the stakes are this high, you want a partner who has developed an industry leading, proprietary training program, cleaning solutions, and remediation processes over decades. We’ve cleaned up some of the most challenging biohazards imaginable. Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned reflects our unique experiences and capabilities. The program is grounded with our unique 3 C’s: Consult, Clean, and Certify.
- Consult – Every business is different, which is why you’ll be assigned a Cleaning Protocol Consultant who understands your business and will create a cleaning program to meet your specific needs. This program will be developed based on your business type, size of space, amount of high frequency touchpoints, foot traffic and congestion points.
- Clean – Based on your specific business needs, your location will undergo a thorough, deep clean, using exclusive cleaning products, according to protocols set forth by the CDC. Our employees have years of experience, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform. Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for cleanup process, and disposal of hazardous materials. In the event of a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 event, we will be there cleaning within 24 hours to ensure you get back to business as quickly as possible.
- Certify - Once your business location has been Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you will gain access to proprietary signage, digital emblems, and other collateral that communicates that you’ve selected a higher standard of clean available to help protect your employees and customers. And because we add the day, month, and year to that proprietary stamp of clean, your guests will know that not only did you choose Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, but that your location is being cleaned regularly at this standard.
Call today for a Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation
We’re Here to Help – 24 hours a day, seven days a week – until life is back to normal in the communities we all call home.
Call SERVPRO of Springfield/Mt. Vernon today at (703) 644-0620 for your Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation.
* #1 Choice in cleanup & restoration based Commercial Attitude & Usage Tracking study. Polling 816 commercial business decision makers on first choice for future needs related to cleanup & restoration work. Study conducted by C&R Research: October 2019
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned means professionally trained SERVPRO franchises perform the requested cleaning, sanitizing and disinfection services according to proprietary SERVPRO protocols and recognized industry and CDC standards with EPA approved cleaning products to deliver a SERVPRO certified cleaning experience. Each SERVPRO franchise is independently owned and operated.