SERVPRO of Springfield/Mt Vernon is Available Around the Clock!
Water Damage is something that is never an enjoyable experience. It can be extra difficult to experience. Many people put off planning for water damage as it seems like something that may never occur, but it is more frequent than most anticipate. Approximately one in 50 homeowners file a water damage claim each year in the United States, but for those who plan ahead, the damages tend to be much less severe.
Do you know what to do in the event of a Burst Pipe?
- Shut off your water main – When a pipe bursts and is left unattended, it will continue to pour into the area until it is taken care of. It is very important to be able to find and switch off your home’s water main as this can prevent water from fully affecting the area.
- Shut off your electricity – Keeping water away from electricity is KEY, so it is safe to do so, turn off your home’s power from your breaker box to prevent the soaked area from becoming a shock or fire hazard.
- Contact your local restoration company – One of the things you can do to plan for water damage in advance is decide which Company you will be working with. This way, you can contact them immediately when you discover water damage to have the restoration started right away.
- Record of the damages – If you are filing an insurance claim, it is important to keep your own thorough records of all the damages via photos, videos and lists. Even if you can’t file a claim, these can come in handy as to work to recover.
- Contact your Insurance Company – While all insurance policies are different, contacting yours is the best way to determine if you are eligible to file and confirm your policy coverage.
If you have water damage in your home or commercial building due to a burst pipe or another cause, you can count on us for your needs.
Contact SERVPRO of Springfield/Mt Vernon at anytime to learn more about our services!