Fire Damage Prevention DOs and DON'Ts
Are you a homeowner or property manager in Springfield / Mt. Vernon Virginia? In the case of a fire, do you know what to do before help arrives? Regardless of your fire cleanup and restoration knowledge, allow us to help you minimize the damage to your home as you await the arrival of emergency service professionals.
The first 48 hours after a fire disaster can make all the difference between fire cleanup and restoration versus complete replacement of your property and belongings.
Check out these tips for fire damage prevention to your Virginia home:
- Limit movement of persons and furniture to prevent soot particles from settling into your home.
- Prevent soiled furniture by covering upholstered belongings with clean towels or old linens.
- Remove soot from chrome faucets, trim, and appliances.
- Attempt to clean walls or painted surfaces without contacting SERVPRO.
- Shampoo carpet or upholstery without consulting fire cleanup professionals.
- Clean or repair electrical equipment.
- Clean clothes- improper cleaning may permanently stain clothes with soot and smoke odor.
In the case of a house fire, remove yourself from the property as quickly as possible, call 911, then call SERVPRO of Springfield/ Mt. Vernon-- your trusted Fire and Water Cleanup and Restoration experts. Our professional staff can help prevent fire damage from creating long-term problems in your home. We provide fast response to any size disaster, with services ranging from fire cleanup to contents claim inventory and document restoration.
Call us with your fire restoration needs - (703) 644-0620. We offer our 24-hour emergency cleanup services 365 days a year.